Pick of the Litter: Madison Meeker

Lauren Barnovsky, Reporter

Madison Meeker is the perfect example of the well rounded students Lakeview prides itself on having. Meeker participates in cross country, basketball, and track. She has received a four year varsity award for both cross country and track. But while she excels in her sports, she does not wish to pursue these sports in college.

As the basketball season is coming to an end, track season is gearing up to start. Meeker is hoping that the senior track athletes get a chance to compete at regionals and the 4×800 relay makes it back.

Meeker is also involved with various clubs including Sr. Beta and Spanish club. Outside of school, she has been very active with Soles for Souls, having collected more than twenty thousand pairs of shoes. Her hobbies include “getting tattoos, boxing, breaking hearts, and chilling at Dunkin.” Her favorite thing about high school is attending prom and her least favorite thing has been a lack of sleep and the copious amounts of stress.

Meeker plans to continue her education at Youngstown State University next year to pursue a philosophy degree combined with a pre-law focus. In the near future, she hopes to maintain all A’s for the rest of this year, save money for college, and win the poetry contest at the Sr. Beta for the second year in a row.  Her goal for this track season is to set a personal record in the three hundred meter hurdles.

Meeker demonstrates the dedication and versatility found in so many Lakeview students and athletes