Athletes spring into action for spring season

Catie Bugos, Editor

Lakeview students gear up for track, softball, baseball, and tennis season. As another school is quickly coming to an end, athletes prepare for all their spring sports.

Track and Field runners and throwers have been very lucky with the cooperative weather the past two weeks. They’ve been able to get out on the track and start their training. Getting in shape is very important to them, so to have temperatures well above 30 degrees is great.

Junior track thrower Mae Harper says, “I really think this track season is going to be one to remember. I’m super excited to get outside and work on my throws.”

The team is ready to get outside and work to get their team as far as they can this season.

Junior track runner Sarah Kloboves says, “I have high hopes for the sprinters and relays. I hope we can all get in shape as quickly as we can for the meets at the end of the month. I hope everyone stays injury free on our road to state.”

Baseball and softball players have also been taking advantage of the nice weather. Both teams have been able to work outside on the turf and the fields.

Senior baseball player Kyle Devine says, “We have some great young talent this season, so I think we’ll be great this season. I hope to end my high school baseball career with a satisfying record.”

Varsity softball coach, Scott Chronister says, “I have a really good feeling about this year. The girls are working hard and are ready to get revenge on Akron Hoban.

Senior softball player Sam Marino says, “I really think this is going to be the best season yet. With all the unpredictable nice weather given to us, we have already been practicing on the field and improving every day. I really think this is our year to go to state.”

Junior tennis player Connor Makosky says, “The boys and I are super stoked for a great season this year. We’ve been working hard and plan to go pretty far for our seniors.”

The Bulldogs gear up for great spring sports season. Come out and support your fellow classmates!