Prom 2k17

Prom+2k17

Alec Bartholomew, Reporter

As another school year comes to a close, the Junior and Senior prom approaches.

For many of the Juniors and Seniors in Lakeview, prom is the last chance to end the year out with a bang before Seniors go off to college while the Juniors get a taste of their first prom.

Juniors and Seniors will have the opportunity to attend the annual pancake breakfast held on the morning of prom. It starts at 7:30 and there should be no one in line later than 8:15. Admission will be five dollars.

Students attending prom were required to fill out a packet of forms that includes a guest permission slip for out of school guests, a rules and guidelines form, and an early release form to get out of school early on the day of prom. Students also had to pay in advance to attend prom. The cost of a single Junior ticket is twenty-five dollars while the cost of a Senior ticket is only twenty. However, the cost of an outside guest ticket is thirty dollars.

Prom preview will take place at six p.m. on Friday, May 5th in the Lakeview High School auditorium. Here, the parents and any additional family members may come and watch their children walk down the stage steps and up the aisle to show off their dresses and tuxedos. After prom preview, the students will head over to St. Demitrios Church’s banquet hall for prom itself. All students will get a chance to enjoy the fun of being with their friends while dancing to music and simply having a good time.