The Season of Giving!!!!!!!

Haley Tucker and Maddison Hughes

At Lakeview High School, students are participating in many giving activities this holiday season and two of them are  the Hat & Glove Drive and the Pet Drive.

The Hat & Glove is giving to the The Warren Family Mission. The Lakeview staff and students are collecting hats, gloves, and scarfs for all people in need. This drive has 145 items so far.

The drive started November 3rd and is ending before Christmas Break.

According to Sr. Beta Adviser Angela Sarko, “Custodians Lori Lasso and Pam Collier started the Hat & Glove Drive three years ago because they wanted to do something to help local women and children in need. They first donated to the women’s shelter but last year switched to The Warren Family Mission.”

The donation is open to anyone – just hang donations on the festive clothes line in the main hallway near the office. If Sr. Beta members wants points they can turn them in by December 15th to Mrs. Sarko in room 224.

Donations from the Pet Drive are going to the AWL in Vienna, which is the Animal Welfare of Trumbull County.

According to Sophomore English teacher Jenna Waid,”It is a charitable donation between Thanksgiving and Christmas break that is made to teach the students to give back.” The donation started the 29th of November and ends the 12th of December.

Waid choses a different service activity for her 10th grade English students each year. In previous years they have done letters to the soldiers and canned foods.