2019 Sr. Top Dog: Karlynn Baker

Karlynn+Baker

Karlynn Baker

Haylee Huffman, Reporter

A true Bulldog, senior Karlynn Baker, shows pride in what she does. Baker is always on the honor roll and takes college classes. She participates in clubs such as the National Honor Society, French Club, and band. In particular, Baker is an inspiration to many of those in Lakeview band.

Baker has been a band member for eight years. Yet, her passion for music continues to thrive. Currently, Baker serves as a band council president and drum major. She has previously served as a marching band section leader, band council junior librarian, and sophomore representative. The love that she has for music motivates her to engage in all types of bands.  She is a member of the Marching band, blue and grey Jazz band, symphonic band, and pep band.  She plays numerous instruments like the trombone, alto sax, flue, and the piccolo.

After tons of experience and hard work, this year, Baker was apart of the Stambaugh Youth Concert band as principle flute player. Over the years she has been through many great experiences and has many more to come. Last year, Baker was in District V Honors Band. This year she will be part of OBDC Honors Band. All the hard work fueled excellent rewards.  She has eleven superior ratings from OMEA District V Solo & Ensemble (5 solos, 6 ensembles) and 3 excellent ratings (ensembles).

Her passion does not stop quite yet. Baker will be attending the University of Akron in the fall of 2019 and join their marching band. She plans to study and earn a degree as a Music Education Major, spreading her passion with others as a band teacher.

Best of wishes Karlynn!!!!