2019 Senior Top Dog: Sean Galela

Alexis Jablonski, Reporter

To most, Benjamin Galela is the definition of a “perfect student”. Galela, more commonly known as Sean to friends and peers, is a senior at Lakeview High School, and his achievements are ample. Galela is active in many clubs and organizations such as drama club, Sr. Beta club, and National Honors Society. In drama, he has participated in every production since his eighth grade year, and plans to continue so this upcoming spring play will be his last. Galela is the band council vice president and was a part of the Buckeye Boys State Delegation. He has also been the class president for two years.

Not only has Galela academically achieved a lot, he is also very musically talented. He participates in symphonic band, marching band, and jazz white. His senior year, Galela was nominated and chosen for two senior superlatives. He was selected for best dressed and best friends with Juan Roher. When Galela was young, he also participated in Taekwondo.

When asked to describe his senior year in three words, Galela humorously says “I’ll finish later.”

Galela has great aspirations for his future. He hopes to continue his education at The Ohio State University to major in astronomy and astrophysics.

Galela has been a great example to follow as a Top Dog at Lakeview. His friend junior Lita Ramos describes him as an overall influential friend. Ramos says he is a “determined, smart, and a hard-working individual.”

Galela’s advice for underclassmen is “Don’t change yourself for the acceptance of others. You won’t see most of them in 3-4 years.”