2019 Senior Top Dog: Kelsey Lucas

Alexis Jablonski, Reporter

Senior Kelsey Lucas is nothing short of a hardworking student. She is involved in Senior Beta, the high school golf team, youth group, and she works hard at her job at Chipotle.

Lucas’s highest achievements in her golf career have been lettering all four years she’s played. In her academics, Lucas’s proud accomplishments have been choosing to do college classes throughout her high school career to prepare herself for college.

Lucas describes her senior year in three words: “Stressful, exciting, and fast.”

Lucas started off her final year of school by winning a senior superlative with her twin sister, Kristen Lucas, for “Best Friends”.

Lucas has said the teachers that helped her the most throughout her high school career has been math teacher Heidi Monroe and science teacher Maureen Bucko.

Monroe, she said, is one of her favorite teachers and was always willing to stay after school to help her. She said: “Math is probably my toughest subject, but she always made sure I understood what I was doing.”

Bucko, she said, has not only been helpful in helping her learn anatomy, but also has helped her make college decisions.

In regards to her college plans, Lucas plans to go to Kent State Trumbull for oncology and traveling nursing.

Lucas’s words for underclassmen are, “Keep up with your academics and always try your best. Enjoy your high school years and keep a positive mindset.”