2019 Senior Top Dog: Joy Lewis

Bailee Yale, Reporter

Lakeview High School Senior Joy Lewis has attended Lakeview schools since seventh grade. Before becoming a Bulldog at the end of her seventh-grade year, Lewis was homeschooled for two years, before attending school in both Hudson, Ohio and Roswell in the Kent-Akron area.

Lewis has been an active part of the Bulldog sports scene during her time at Lakeview. Starting in freshman year, Lewis earned a varsity letter in cross country. She also played soccer, basketball, and ran track. During basketball season, Lewis’s team made it to Districts and Regionals, but unfortunately lost during regionals.

Running cross country and playing soccer caused a lot of stress on her body. She suffered a stress fracture in her left foot. After getting diagnosed, Lewis had to stop playing Varsity sports in her Sophomore year.

Since coming to Lakeview, Lewis has had a 3.4 GPA. By working hard both in and out of school, she has been able to attain the skills that will help her achieve her goals later in life. After graduating, Lewis will be attending Cleveland State University, majoring in business marketing and a minoring in fashion.

As Lewis is coming to the end of her senior year, Her favorite memory is coming to Lakeview and meeting new friends. “I was never this outgoing, I was very shy around people.” Now she has made lots of new friends.