Nurse Paczak Provides Best Tips to Stay Healthy This Spring

Haylee Huffman, Reporter

Spring is finally here! Wednesday, March 20th, marked the official date of the new season. Now that the days of snow and darkness are over, it is important to know what will keep you healthy to enjoy the nice, upcoming weather.

According to Lakeview High School nurse Maureen Paczak, several factors contribute to maintaining optimal health: sleep, nutrition, hydration, and exercise.

As students, we have busy schedules, but in order to feel our best, we must balance everything. The first step is getting the proper amount of sleep that you need. You can also improve your nutrition and get hydrated to give you an extra boost. In addition, you should include aerobic exercise for at least 30 minutes to get your heart pumping.

As Paczak states, “You have to take good care of yourself to keep your resistance up so that your immunity doesn’t drop.”

Another important note to remember is to educate yourself on drug addiction. Being addictive to drugs can control your life, especially your health.

Staying proactive about good health is top priority for many Lakeview students.

Junior Marissa Zoccali, said, “I am always trying to stay as active and healthy as I can. I make sure that I drink at least three bottles of water every day at school, so I know I am hydrated for practice. I do my best to eat healthy foods that will give me a good amount of energy. Even when I have off days, I still try to stay active by going biking or running. I also stay away from drugs, because I don’t want it to take over my life and affect sports or my grades.”

Be smart and stay healthy!