Class of 2019 Required to Attend Senior Dialogue

Tyler Kollar, Reporter

With the end of the school year quickly approaching, different events such as senior trip, brunch, and graduation are taking place in May, but before we get to all of those very exciting events, all seniors hoping to participate in graduation ceremonies must first attend senior dialogue with a parent or guardian on Wednesday, April 24th, at 7:30 p.m.

This meeting is mandatory, so senior class adviser Dean Shanower reminds those that work to take time to call off work. Students are also required to bring a parent or guardian.

Parents and seniors are expected to be seated in the high school auditorium no later than 7:30 p.m., so plan to arrive at the school at about 7:00 p.m. to avoid waiting in line.

Seniors should know that at the senior dialogue meeting they will be receiving their cap and gown to be worn during the graduation ceremony, although those who still have an outstanding balance with Jostens will have their cap and gown withheld until they are able to pay off the entirety of the amount due. If payment is confirmed, seniors and parents will still have to fill out a packet of information and only after finishing and turning in each page of the paperwork will seniors then be handed their cap and gown.

Seniors will also be expected to vote for which of their fellow classmates should speak during the official graduation on June 2nd.

While graduation is a fun and celebratory time, it is also an important and serious event. Failure to follow the requirements can prevent you from being allowed to participate in your graduation ceremonies.

Seniors are famous for putting things off to the last possible second, but this is one of those times when procrastination just might work against you.

So make sure you attend Senior Dialogue with a parent or guardian, complete all your paperwork, and receive your cap and gown so that you can then attend practice following the senior brunch and be ready for Graduation 2019!