2019 Senior Top Dog: Ethan Dobler

Kelsey Lucas, Editor

Senior Ethan Dobler is one of Lakeview’s best and brightest. He’s an active student at Lakeview, participating in multiple school activities including cross country, track, ski club, and Senior Beta.

Along with his participation at school, Dobler also works part time at Mark Thomas Ford detailing cars.

One of his athletic highlights is making it to State for track his senior year, which will be held the weekend of June 1. He qualified in 4th place at regionals with a 4:29.12 in the 1600 meter race.

Dobler was thrilled, to say the least. “I was going for a podium finish (top 8), and I went out feeling good the first lap and took the lead,” he explained. “Around 800 meter in I got passed by the top 3 runner and stuck with them and let them carry to the end of the race. There was not a better feeling than knowing that I exceeded my own expectation and qualified for the state meet. I was so proud of myself and the coaches were very excited, as well. But the best part of it was seeing my mom cry because she was so happy for me.”

Aside from his impressive athletic accomplishments, Dobler will further his education a Youngstown State University this fall. “I’m going to be attending YSU in the fall to pursue a degree in Electrical Utility Technologies. After college graduation, I will likely be pursuing certification in welding.” He is excited for the his future plans and explained that he’s “most excited to buy a house and start a family.”

Although Dobler is excited for his future endeavors, he expressed that he will miss is friends and classmates most as he moves on to college. “The thing I will miss most about high school is the people that I am surrounded by every day. A majority of the people here care about you and are willing to help you out in any given situation.”

For the underclassmen, Dobler’s advice is “to do it today. All we tend to think about is tomorrow, while all that we truly have is today.”

Although Dobler will be missed, it is certain that he has a bright and successful future ahead of him. The Bulldog Bulletin wishes him the best of luck in his future endeavors and at the State Meet this weekend.