Technology Booms at LHS

Demetrios Kakiou, Reporter

Over the past few years Many new technologies have been adopted in Lakeview classrooms : Personal laptops, social networking, online teaching, class blogs and wikis, podcasting, interactive whiteboards, and even mobile books just to name a few. The Lakeview administration is working hard to implement technology in class environments to enhance learning capabilities.

Google Classroom is a free collaboration application for teachers and learners. Teachers can create online classrooms, ask students to attend the class, and create and give out assignments. Lakeview uses this software in classrooms, guidance, clubs, and even athletics.

The students gain access to the internet any time they need by having personal google chromebooks which run things like google classroom and other informational research websites. In the 2016/2017 school year 6th and 8th graders were issued chromebooks then in the 2018/2019 school year the entire high school had their own personal laptop that they can use in and out of school.

Senior Matt McRoberts was asked what his thoughts were on the chromebooks and he said, ¨I think it is a good aid to help the students who do not have access to a computer at home as well as I do not have to lug as many books home since they are all digital in my computer.¨

McRoberts makes a great point by adding how Lakeview provides students who don’t have a home computer get a personal computer that they can use for themselves. Not to mention the computers pay themselves off by the school not having to buy as much paper and textbooks.

In addition to the one to one technology provided for each student, LHS has invested in other technologies that students can use with permission to enhance their learning. The Lakeview media center has top of the line technology including, Clevertouch screens, 2 3d printers, a silhouette machine, ipad microphones for filming, tv´s for group projects, kindle fire tablets, and interactive robots.

Junior Jeffrey Jiang states how this technology is¨essential to reach further goals in my academic career giving me the most opportunity possible.

Overall, the Lakeview School System has worked hard to be one of the most technologically advanced schools in the area.