Lakeview Senior Athletes Run Winter Track

Brandon Hatfield, Reporter

Two of Lakeview High School’s best athletes performed winter track at the SPIRE institute in Geneva, Ohio. The two students were Senior Liam Boivin who runs 60M hurdle and Senior Ashleigh Bowker who runs 60M hurdles and 400M.

Boivin has been running winter track since freshman year and has been very successful with his meets. Boivin’s highlight of his high school career happens to be when he participated in state sophomore year. Following that uprise, Boivin was unable to run in winter track due to his ACL injury which occurred from football.

Just this past week, Boivin was just a mere hundredth of a second from claiming the school record but he still claimed victory in his meet.

Boivin exclaimed, “I am excited to see what the rest of indoor and all of outdoor track brings me.”

Bowker has been running indoor track forĀ  5 years now and claims it has had a huge impact on her life, helping her create many friendships and gain much knowledge for the sport. It is a great practice for the spring outdoor season as well. Running indoor track helps her prepare and practice, which propels her in the spring.

Bowker states,” I don’t think I’d be anywhere near where I am today if I had not been introduced to indoor track.”