Bulldogs Welcome Long-Term Sub Baker

Aidan Popovich, Reporter

While Lakeview math teacher Heidi Monroe is out on maternity leave this year following the birth of her daughter, substitute Matt Baker is filling in. Baker is very familiar with this area of Ohio because he went to Poland Seminary High School, Youngstown State University, and did his student teaching at Liberty Schools.

Baker said he is happy to be teaching here at Lakeview, “Lakeview is a great place to be.

While Monroe’s CCP courses needed to be taught by another YSU-certified math teacher at Lakeview, most of Baker’s teaching schedule is pretty typical for a high school math teacher: Geometry, Algebra 2, and Algebra 3.

However, like many Lakeview teachers he has one totally online class, “EOC math is all online.”

Baker gets to meet a good selection of Lakeview students, “I have all grades of students, 9-12.

If this were a more normal school year Baker says would be interested in getting involved in more school activities while he is here, I played basketball and baseball in high school and I coached middle school basketball before, so I would have liked to be involved in those sports if we had more of a normal year.”

During the time when Baker is not teaching he enjoys spending time with friends and family, reading, golfing, watching movies, and going to Cleveland Indians games.

Welcome to Lakeview, Mr. Baker! Hope you enjoy your year!