New Year, New Teachers: LHS Adds Verhas

Daylen Chapmen and Caitlin Mark

As Lakeview students begin to flood back into the building, we notice lots of new faces from freshmen to teachers! Lakeview welcomed five new Bulldogs this 2021-2022 school year one of them being math teacher Chandler Verhas!

Verhas attended and graduated from Grand Valley High School. He then continued his education at Kent State University where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree and he just earned his master’s degree from Kent in 2021! Verhas told us that this is his first year teaching at Lakeview, and overall, Verhas will be in the classroom focusing on math, especially algebra II, EOC, and geometry.

The school year will bring many new things to us which students and teachers are greatly looking forward to! Verhas is looking forward to “Building positive relationships with my students in the classroom.” He’s also looking forward to Lakeview’s baseball season that will happen in spring of 2022. Verhas is one of our newest Bulldogs so he told us, “I don’t know quite yet. It is too soon to tell,” when asked what it meant to be a Bulldog.

The first day of school was almost a month ago, and Verhas rated his first week at school a five out of five. He thinks Lakeview students are very respectful and he’s seen lots of hard work in his classroom and noticed students care greatly about their grades. When Verhas is out the classroom and has some spare time, he enjoys golfing and fishing.

The Bulldog Bulletin gives a special welcome to Verhas as one of our classroom neighbors. Hope we are not too loud!