New Year, New Teachers: Meghan Mullins Rocks LHS Choir

Caitlin Mark and Daylen Chapmen

Last year, we watched Bulldog Bonnie Chronister retire from Lakeview School Districts after 20+ years of teaching choir, madrigals, and more classes to many talented students. But this year we welcome new Bulldog Meghan Mullins!

Mullins attended and graduated from Canfield High School. After high school she went on to earn her Bachelor’s degree at Youngstown State University. During her YSU studies, Mullins served her student teaching at Lakeview. Shortly after earning her Bachelor’s she earned her Master’s at Kent State University.

This is not Mullins’ first rodeo when it comes to teaching music! She taught middle and high school choir for 12 years in Conneaut, OH. This school year Mullins will be the new high school choir director, and she’s teaching, “8th grade choir, Concert Choir, Madrigals, Women’s Choir, and Rock Connections.”

Mullins can’t wait to start the new year which she’s looking forward to, “I am very excited to make music with the students here at Lakeview and introduce the student body to a new production called Cabaret.”

We asked Mullins what she’s not looking forward too this year and she explained how hot it was in her room and how the heat is killer. Luckily, August just ended and fall is around the corner!

Mullins is excited to see football games, band nights, school dances, and last but not least choir productions! She gave her first week of school a five out of five!

Mullins told us that she’s so happy to be back teaching at Lakeview and even happier to be a Bulldog again. She loves how polite and resourceful Lakeview students are, and she also admires how open the students are to trying new things.

When Mullins is outside the classroom she loves being outdoors, music, and anything creative like drawing or painting.

Glad to have an old Bulldog back in the classrooms!