Boy’s Golf Rounds Up Their Season!

Michael Horn, Reporter

The men’s golf season has come to a close as the Bulldogs placed 7th in their sectional tournament at Quail Hollow Country Club this past weekend. Overall, it was a good season for the team. They finished with a record of 12-2 in the NE8 conference in which they lost only to Jefferson. The team was lead by Seniors Michael Horn, Jake Wilms, Anthony Caruso, and Charles Pawlosky, Junior Thomas Spencer, and Freshman Jason DeMonica. The players, coached by Steve Woofter, also placed 4th in the NE8 conference championship. Next year the team still plans to play at their unconventional but beloved home course, The Links by The Tracks.

Players on the team were very pleased with how the season went. Senior Colin Oaks commented, “This season was by far my favorite. It was a lot of fun and I am going to miss it.”

All the seniors relatively said the same thing when asked what they are going to miss about playing golf this year. They all loved the team atmosphere and the joy they would get from playing their sport together.

The team next year looks to lean on the younger members because they are graduating a total of  6 seniors, which included 3 of their top 5 golfers. However, the future does look bright for the Bulldogs. Almost 18 people tried out for the golf team last year and there are lots of people wanting to play next year also.

Demonica, said, “I am excited for next year, we have a lot of guys and hopefully we can continue to get better. We have a chance to be pretty good again.”

The Dogs plan to try and get better before next year and continuing to play throughout the off-season. Overall, the Bulldog golfers had a good season and look to continue that streak next year with the incoming underclassmen and the Woofter’s excellent coaching.