Lakeview Shares Favorite Christmas Tunes

Gracey Stockton, Reporter

The most wonderful time of the year is here again. For most people, Christmas is just that. With the beautiful, colorful lights and the snow on the ground, the happiness in the air, and the beautiful tunes we hear, how can someone not love this time of the year? For some people they start their Christmas early by listening to Christmas music weeks or even months in advance. Many people have their own opinion on whether or not it is okay to start listening to the beautiful tunes before Thanksgiving.

Many Lakeview students said that some of their favorite Christmas songs truly start getting them into the Christmas spirit with some classic songs and some songs I have never heard about. 

While there are so many songs to choose from, “Last Christmas” was the most popular with 10 votes. 

Senior Blaine Barr says that it is his favorite because “it is really good.”

Junior Thais Nguyen says that the song is “sooo good and it gives you that Christmas spirit.” 

Sophomore Kendall Rumancik also loves “Last Christmas.” She says, “I like the instruments while also it is just a good song in the first place.”

Freshman Gaius Greathouse has some family memories behind it. She says “me and my mom used to listen to it all the time.” She explains, “it’s a classic.”

There were many different reasons behind people’s answers, but I think we can conclude that these Bulldogs picked it as their favorite because it’s really good.

While “Last Christmas” is an awesome Christmas song, “All I Want For Christmas is You” came in a close second with 1 less vote.

Senior Jaycob Whitmore has his favorite- “All I Want For Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey specifically. He says it is his favorite because “she is the queen of Christmas and this song never gets old.”

Sophomore Emily Pazda has some funny memories as to why it is her favorite. She says, “we had to sing it in choir for my old school, my old friends and I had kind of made it a meme because of the way we sang it.” She says, “it was a lot of fun.”

Another Sophomore, Mikayla Rodgers, says that “it reminds me of good memories of when I was little.”

Another classic song that some Bulldogs love is “It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas.” It came in third with a total of 5 votes.  

Sophomore Brycen Jack was one of those 5 people who chose this song as their favorite. He says, “the singer sings very good and it’s very catchy.”

Junior Ella Powers also likes this song. She says, “ This song always has a way of getting me into the Christmas spirit every year.’

There were many other Christmas songs that the Bulldogs liked. Some songs like “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus,” and “I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas” and “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” were favorites to a few people because they are on the funnier side. 

One response that I found funny was from Senior, Colton Maiorca. He said his favorite song is “Hallelujah.” What I actually found funny was the reasoning for why he likes it. He says “I sing the crap out of it in the shower showing off my insane vocals to my sister as she waits for me to get out of the bathroom in the morning.” 

In total, there were 40 different songs. Lakeview seems to have a variety of likes when it comes to Christmas songs, but they are all able to get into the spirit with the help of these tunes.