Lakeview Bowling Team Strikes Into 2022

Lakeview Bowling Team Strikes Into 2022

Colin Oaks, Reporter

It’s winter sports season at Lakeview High School, and that means it’s time for the return of bowling. 

Last year, the Lakeview High School Boys Bowling Team had quite a successful season. Throughout the regular season, the bowling team had ten matches and ended up going 10-0. To clinch an undefeated season the bowling team had to win during the NE8 tournament.  This tournament consisted of all eight teams included within the NE8. After facing off against all eight teams, Lakeview came out on top with the highest combined score.  This statement win finalized the impressive undefeated regular season.

After going undefeated and winning an NE8 title, the boys team was off to sectionals to compete for a chance to advance to districts. Matched up against the best teams in the area Lakeview defeated the competition quite easily and moved to districts. 

Upon advancing to districts, the team knew that only the top four teams would advance to the state championship. Halfway through the tournament, the team found themselves in fifth place by a slim margin. 

The team rallied together and overcame adversity clinching the fourth and final advancing spot by a mere 45 points. This moment proved to be a defining one for Lakeview, as most teams would get discouraged and let the adversity get to them. This wasn’t the case for the LHS, and it showed the true perseverance and work ethic this team had. 

Once they had advanced to state, the team was set to face off against the best sixteen bowling teams that Ohio had to offer. Once it was all said and done, the boys finished in a very respectable fifth position. As one of the top teams in the state, Lakeview performed well throughout the entire duration of the regular season and postseason. 

This bowling season, the 2021-2022 team members will look to replicate and build off of their great success from last season. Replicating the success from last season will not be an easy task for the Bulldogs, as they lost Conner Pawlosky and Evan Pirtz, two talented bowlers who were seniors last season. Although these losses will affect the team this season, the Lakeview High School Bowling Team is still a very talented group. 

Senior and four-year member of the team, Charles Pawlosky states that he is “optimistic for this season and believes that we can return to state for the second straight year.”

Cade Cratsley, another senior on the team states that “going to state as a junior was an incredible experience and I’d like to do it again this year.”  

The returning seniors on the Lakeview High School Bowling Team are optimistic that the impressive performance from last season can be replicated this winter. 

Along with Pawlosky and Cratsley are junior Sebastian Ruddy, senior Brian Thomas, sophomore Cooper Schiavone, and senior Colin Oaks and all are consistent bowlers. 

If each member of the team can remain focused on the common goal they have the capability to win any match. Remaining focused and sharp is key, if the boys bowling team can maintain focus, going undefeated in the NE8 for a second straight season is a real possibility for Lakeview. 

Although the players are surely talented enough to replicate this success, it won’t be an easy task. It’s going to take lots of practice hard work and dedication. If this team can rally together and bowl as a team, then the sky’s the limit for this season.