2022 Top Dog: Hailee Hoover

Caly Lantz, Reporter

Say hello to Hailee Hoover, Lakeview!

Hailee has attended Lakeview her whole life which is no surprise as she loves running for her school on both the Girls Track, and Girls Cross-Country teams. Hailee not only stands out as an athlete, but she excels academically as well, working hard to maintain honor roll all four of her years here at Lakeview High School. 

Senior year is full of activities and lots of last. Going into senior year, Hoover was most looking forward to, “homecoming because it was canceled last year.” Covid put a damper on things last year but thankfully the dance was still a go this year kicking off the first of lasts for all seniors. 

However, Hoover’s favorite memories are those consisting of cross-country, and more specifically, “All of the summer morning runs from cross-country. Morning runs in the summer were my favorite because we would always find ways to make our runs fun.” 

In addition to being an outstanding athlete, Hoover is an even better friend, winning the Sr. Superlative of most trustworthy among her classmates.

When asked about Hoover, fellow senior and classmate Isabella Shuster had nothing but great things to say. 

Shuster emphasizes, “When it comes to Hailee I couldn’t ask for a better friend. She is truly a great person and I’m glad to have spent basically every hour of every day with her since we are also neighbors.” 

As Hoover’s time at Lakeview comes to an end she passes on advice to ongoing freshmen commenting, “Don’t sweat the small stuff. If I could go back to freshman year, I would try to stress less over the little things.” 

Hailee plans to further her education after graduation at the University of West Virginia and with her hardworking and determined attitude, there is no doubt that she will succeed. Good luck in the next phase of your life, Hailee!