2022 Top Dog: Ava Parise

Makayla Strauss, Reporter

Senior Ava Parise has been a lifelong student here at Lakeview School District. She is an amazing student and person altogether. She has always made the honor roll and has great drive and ambition, as she is a very active student who sets the bar high. Parise has participated in many different clubs including Senior Beta, Executive Committee, Student Council, French Club, and the National Honors Society. 

Along with being in many clubs, Parise also took part in Cheerleading since 8th grade and was a Majorette for her senior year. Her favorite sports memory comes from her very first Majorette tryout clinic. Parise states, ”My favorite sports memory would have to be breaking my nose at Majorette tryouts. It was a rough time, but it is a very funny memory to laugh about with the Majorette line.

The highlight of Parise’s senior year was being a Majorette during the football season. “It was such a fun and amazing experience to perform under the Friday night lights every week. I am so glad that I tried something new for my senior year.

Parise has made some very valuable friends during her time at Lakeview high school and says that these friendships will last long after she graduates. One thing Parise will remember about Lakeview is the amazing friendships and bonds that she has made since Kindergarten, as well as growing up with all of her amazing classmates. While Parise is sad to leave these friends behind she will always cherish the memories that she has made with them. 

Parise’s best friend, senior Rachel Campolito, says, ”Ava has been my best friend since we were three years old, and it’s safe to say she is the most trustworthy and light-hearted person you will ever meet.

At the beginning of Parise’s final school year, she was most excited to look forward to a normal football season and homecoming, since they were both taken away from her junior year due to Covid. She states, “these are two of the most memorable high school events, so I could not wait to participate in them one last time.

One thing Parise wished she had known as a freshman was, “to hold on to and to cherish every moment. It is crazy how fast these last four years went by. High school is some of the best years of your life that you will remember forever, so do not take anything for granted.”

For the underclassmen, Parise’s advice is, “to surround themselves with positive people and to never be afraid to try something new. This way, they will have the best high school experience possible.

After high school, Parise plans on attending The Ohio State University to major in health sciences, in hopes of becoming a physician’s assistant. Parise has a very bright future ahead of her and we wish you nothing but the best of luck!