Lakeview is Flipping Out For Prom Day Pancake Breakfast

Caitlin Mark, Reporter

As another school year comes to an end, excitement about end of the year activities begin to blossom. In less than a month Lakeview students will be attending prom named: Gaia’s Garden.

To start out Prom day, juniors and seniors need three important things: Pancakes, sausage, and driver safety!

At 8 a.m., Friday, May 6, Lakeview High School’s publications class will return to the annual tradition of hosting the Prom Day Pancake Breakfast in order to raise money for the school Newspaper – The Bulldog Bulletin, and add a little more excitement to this year’s upcoming prom. Juniors and seniors are invited to enjoy a delicious breakfast alongside their friends for only five dollars.

Every student who is currently taking publications class will be involved in helping out with the pancake breakfast. There will be many different jobs students will have to tackle like mixing the batter, cooking the pancakes, plating the food, serving breakfast to fellow classmates, and making sure the juice and milk is consistently full. Publications student, Daylen Chapman, who will be lending a helping hand during breakfast said, “I’m happy to help make pancakes, and it’s a great way to start off the prom day!” 

The cafeteria doors will open at 8:00 a.m and students will be greeted with the warm, sweet smell of pancakes, butter, and syrup. Lakeview’s own publication students will be arriving early to make pancakes with their own griddles they offered to bring in and serve up a hearty breakfast along with sausage and orange juice on the side.

Following shortly after breakfast a State Trooper will take a moment to speak about prom safety while everyone is gathered together. Lakeview wants all of its students that are attending prom to make sure that they have a safe night, while having fun and dancing the night away.

School resource officer, Brandon Rice, said, “A State Trooper will be there to talk about prom and making smart choices all while having a fun night.” 

The S.MA.S.H program, Students Making A Safer Highway, talk to high schoolers every year to let them know how drunk driving can do serious damage not only to one’s car, but one’s life.

Dino Haidaris is a current member of S.M.A.S.H who has been learning about driving safety all year. Haidaris gave some helpful advice for safe driving, “One way students can be more cautious on prom night is never get in a car with someone who’s under the influence, find another ride.”

Haidaris continued on by saying, “Having seen crash photos, I can also attest to the importance of not driving distracted. While that text or call may seem important, it can wait until you arrive at your destination.”

After the breakfast concludes, juniors and seniors attending prom will attend the remainder of their morning classes and then be allowed an early dismissal to start get ready for an eventful evening filled with friends, food, and fun. Students will occupy their afternoon with hair and makeup appointments, getting zipped up, and pictures with friends.

Following prom, many students plan to venture out for the day with their friends to do whatever they plan for the weekend. We hope all Lakeview Bulldogs have a fun and eventful prom night and an even safer weekend!