Junior Bulldogs Ponder Their Upcoming Senior Year

Maddie Mathews, Reporter

The end of the 2021-2022 school year is coming up right around the corner, and a new group of students are about to head into the last year of their high school experience.

Senior year is filled with many memories that students will cherish for the rest of their lives. These memories start all the way from the first football game and go until graduation.

The class of 2023 is the next year of seniors, and they are filled with many emotions going into their last year. I asked a hand full of students what they were and were not looking forward to going into senior year. The responses varied with feelings of excitement and some with sorrow.

Junior Ella Chadwick said, “I am really looking forward to taking pictures next football season, and of course I am looking forward to graduation.”

Chadwick is one of many that are looking forward to moving on to the next chapter of  life. Some feel the complete opposite though.

Junior Abbie Sprockett said, “I’m looking forward to all the milestones you have during your senior year, but I do not know if I’m ready to leave all my childhood behind.

This mix of excitement and fear for the future is a very common feeling when going into your last year of highschool.

Dino Haidaris, Junior, talked to me about how “I’m super excited to see what the future has in hold for me, and for the next four years of my life. But, I would be lying if I said I am not scared by the unknown.”

I asked Haidaris where he hopes to attend college and he said, “I have always wanted to go to YSU, it is close to home and still gives you a college experience.”

Junior Lola English said, “I am not sure where I want to go to college yet, I know that I want to go out of state and experience different parts of the country.

She wants to attend school for the law study and hopes that where she ends up is somewhere with beaches.

Something that is comforting for the upcoming junior class is that the class of 2022 has already been through these feelings and are almost all already committed to colleges or jobs.

Senior Cal Rinck gave a piece of advice to the juniors, which was, “Don’t stress too much about the year to come. It’s scary but it is so much fun. Everything will fall into place as it should be.”

I think that this is wonderful advice for the juniors moving into their senior year. It will be a year of fun, memories, and spending time with our life long friends. We should all be looking forward for the next school year starting in just 5 short months!