Swinging into Softball Season

Ella Chadwick, Reporter

Spring has sprung, and here at Lakeview High School the spring sports athletes’ seasons are getting started. These athletes hope for good weather to get some games in. The Lakeview High School softball team is just getting started. The team is small but mighty with just 16 players for both JV and Varsity combined. This team consists of only 2 seniors, Raegan Schick and Kylie Imes. 

There are 8 freshmen this year who can’t wait to get started with their high school softball careers. Many of the girls on the team have played softball for years so rain delays and last minute cancellations are nothing new to them. 

I asked one of the 3 juniors, Maggie Pavlansky what she was excited for this season. Pavlansky said, “I am very excited with the potential this team has, we have a lot of hard working players who want to win. I think it will be a very fun and exciting season. I am also personally excited to hit the crap out of the ball and jump over fences to rob girls of homeruns. I also can’t wait for this crappy weather to go away and actually get to play more games.” 

Pavlansky is the team’s speedy center fielder. So far with the two games played this season she already has 2 home runs. 

Sophomore Izzy Haines said, “I am excited to see how we all play together as a team this season and how we progress as the season goes on.” 

Haines plays right field and is a very fun and energetic member of the team.

Senior Raegan Schick stated, “I am so excited to get going with my senior year. This being my final year playing for Lakeview I want to make it a good one and have some fun.” 

Schick is hoping to make the best out of the games they get to play and enjoy her last high school season. She plays first base and is a pitcher for the lady bulldogs. 

With the start of the season occurring on March 30th they started their season with a win. Due to weather cancellations and postponements the team only had one game their first week. The next week they also only got one game in due to weather with another win to start the season. 

So far these girls have only been able to get in 2 games during the first 2 weeks of their season. 

The Lady Bulldogs are keeping a positive attitude while waiting for their next game. These girls are hoping for some better weather in these next couple of weeks so they can get in some more games. Come out and support your Lakeview High School Softball team. Go Dogs!