Bulldogs Ready to Dance at Prom 2022

Makayla Strauss, Reporter

As another school year comes to an end, the Junior and Senior prom approaches, and Bulldogs are very excited. For many of the Juniors and Seniors at Lakeview, the Juniors get to experience their first prom, while it is the Seniors’ last chance to end the year out with a bang before going off to college.

This year’s prom will look a little different for our seniors, due to Covid during prom last year. 

Senior Kristina Zimomra is looking forward to this year’s prom as she says, “Last year’s prom was mostly taken over by covid. I’m excited to experience what prom is really like and to be able to have a good time with my friends without covid restrictions.”

On the morning of prom, Juniors and Seniors will have the opportunity to attend the annual pancake breakfast. Students also had to pay in advance to attend prom. The cost of a single Junior ticket is thirty dollars while the cost of a Senior ticket is only twenty-five. However, the cost of an outside guest ticket is thirty-five dollars.

Getting ready for the big day always seems to be a lot of fun too! Junior Maddie Matthews says that her favorite part is getting ready because I can’t wait to see my dress and everything together.”

Senior Brian Thomas says, I enjoy seeing everyone else’s outfits and seeing who has the most style. I normally get my hair shaped up so it looks good, then I’ll grab any last-minute necessities if needed. Then I’ll suit up like I’m iron man and proceed to dinner before the dance then the dance itself.”

Before prom preview, students like to get dressed up and go take pictures with their friends and/or date. The most popular places to go get pictures are at Avalon or at Niles Mckinley Memorial. According to a recent survey by The Bulldog Bulletin, around 50% of juniors and seniors are going with a friend or group of friends this year.

The tradition of an open prom preview will take place at 6 p.m. on Friday, May 6th in the Lakeview High School auditorium. The parents and any additional family members may come and watch their children walk down the steps and up the aisle to show off their tuxedos and beautiful dresses. After the prom preview, the executive committee has already planned for the students to head over to St. Demetrios banquet hall in Warren, where the prom dinner and dance will be held. 

The 2022 prom theme will be called “Gaia’s Gardens”. This theme consists of Greek pillars and decorations along with a variety of leaves, flowers, and lights. These decorations will come from Andersons.

The executive committee has also arranged to have a photo booth so students can capture priceless memories with their friends. Formal Prom portraits will also be taken by Williams Photography.

All students will get to have a fun time being with their friends while dancing and singing to music. Music will be played and provided by DJ Brian Shanower. Dilucias will be catering the prom dinner. 

Senior Cassidy Hluchan says, I’m open to anything on the menu. I’m just glad we’re allowed to eat this year!”

Senior Mary Rock is excited for prom because it’s my last prom because I’m a senior. It’s gonna be a bittersweet moment. I’m also excited to see all my friends and just have a fun night.”

Most seniors are looking forward to prom because it will be their last dance and memorable moments in high school. 

Zimomra says, I’m looking forward to all the songs that will get the seniors hyped up for our last event together before we graduate.”