2022 Top Dog: Damyen Fuchilla

Evan Davies, Reporter

Damyen Fuchilla’s high school career should serve as a blueprint for many to follow long after he graduates.

During high school, he participated in many extracurricular activities such as Senior Beta Club, Youth-Led Prevention, Marching Band, and Assemble for Change. Fuchilla was even elected president of the Senior Beta Club.

Fuchilla has many fun memories over his time at Lakeview. In his close friend group, he mentions some of the times he has had doing the simple things such as going out to eat.

Fuchilla said, “Noah white and I have been friends for a while. Some of the most memorable would be going to B-Dubs with one another or going to youth groups with each other. “

Noah remembers Fuchilla as someone who has always had his back.

“Damyen is someone I can always count on,”  White says. “He has always been there for me and been someone that I can rely on. I am thankful to call Damyen my friend.”

Fuchilla is not only thankful for the friends he has, but also the experiences the administrators have given him. He will miss the support and guidance from his teachers and guidance counselors

He says, “The most I will miss about Lakeview is how much each individual faculty member cares for each and every student. Also, I will miss my friends, especially the ones I will not see too often.” 

Fuchilla has accumulated many different varieties of experiences through his four years, but now that his high school experience is almost over, he has some words of wisdom he would like to share with the underclassmen, “Don’t blink because it will be over before you know it. Don’t hesitate to participate in anything, just do it and you will not regret it.” 

After high school, Fuchilla plans on attending Kent State University’s Trumbull Branch and pursue a degree in Business Administration. We wish you the best of luck, Damyen!