2022 Top Dog: Amber Givens- Morrow

Kaylee Miller, Reporter

Senior Amber Givens-Morrow has been a Bulldog since 2nd grade and has always been known for her bright and caring personality. Amber has been involved in many activities and is excited for what is to come in the future.

Along with being known for her personality, she was a part of the Lakeview Varsity soccer team for all 4 years of high school. One of her favorite memories from this time was “being named soccer captain, it was such a cool experience to lead my team while doing something I love.”

Not only is Morrow a soccer star, but she is a Lakeview honors graduate, and is a part of the National Honor Society. She believes that hard work and dedication can get you anywhere.

If Morrow had one thing to say to the underclassmen, it would be “Have fun and enjoy time with your friends, but never put your education behind anything. You will always have time to hang out and party with your friends, but you will never have a second chance to be a part of clubs or earn scholarships. Take your grades very seriously no matter how hard it gets.”

Along with the underclassmen, Morrow also wants to let the teachers know how much of an impact they have left on her at Lakeview.

She says, “I want to thank all my teachers for pushing me to be my best and helping out when I needed it the most. I don’t think any teacher will ever understand how much we appreciate them and respect their hard work and their love for their job.”

Out of all the memories she has made over the 4 years of high school her favorite ones are “under the lights, playing soccer. There is nothing better than hearing the crowd cheer as you are running down the field. It feels like a dream every time, and is something I will never get tired of.” Having her senior soccer season come to an end was tough, but knowing she will carry the memories she made with her forever, makes it that much easier.

Lastly, Morrow will miss her friends the most. High school friends are some of the best friends because you grow up with them and get to see them grow into adults with bright futures. Morrow says “watching my class grow and become amazing people, has been so inspiring and has made me the person I am today. I know I will meet new people in the future but I will never forget my amazing classmates and peers who have made such an impact on me.”

Amber has always had a love for helping people and putting others first. She wanted to make sure she was going to do something after high school that would make her happy, and include all the things she loves. After high school, Morrow will be joining the navy for medical. She believes this is the best possible choice for her and Lakeview wishes her the best of luck!!