2022 Top Dog: Brenden Mizner

Evan Davies, Reporter

Senior Brenden Mizner’s four years at Lakeview High School have been filled with excitement and diversity. He has participated in many activities throughout his career which created many memories that he will remember for the rest of his life.

In Mizner’s underclassmen years, he played football for the Bulldogs as an Offensive Lineman and Defensive Tackle. Some of Mizner’s fondest moments from high school come from the fall season. 

Mizner says, “I have so many great memories from football season. From taking the field with my friends on Friday nights to participating in community service projects like helping set up for the Cortland Street Fair, there was never a dull moment and I am grateful for that opportunity.”

Along with the Cortland Street Fair, Mizner participated in many community service projects such as coaching in the Lakeview Football Youth Camp.

Mizner says, “Teaching the young kids the fundamentals of the game was very rewarding. Coming from being one of those kids in that camp, it was a really cool full-circle moment.”

When football season concluded, Mizner hit the lanes as a member of the bowling team. He remembers those moments as he remembers football: a good time doing what he loves with friends.

He says, “Bowling was a fun way to perfect a skill with some of my best friends. The bus rides to the away matches were always so much fun and something I’ll never forget.”

One of his friends from high school, Senior Landon Maderitz, remembers Mizner as a great teammate and even better friend.

Maderitz remembers, “If I had a tough practice during football season or a tough bowling match, I could always count on Brenden to make me laugh and make my day that much better. He was always a good friend and I will miss seeing him.”

After high school, Mizner will enter into an apprenticeship for HVAC.

We wish Mizner the best of luck in his future endeavors!