2023 Top Dog: Braeden Candor

Saige Muresan, reporter

The 2023 Seniors are towards the end of their high school years! Senior Braeden Candor’s years have been filled with fun and excitement. Candor has made an appearance at the Lakeview Local School District for most of his life. Joining Lakeview in the first grade, 11 years started his path to Lakeview Class of 2023. Candor has participated in different activities throughout these 11 years that have given him memories for the rest of his life.

Candor has left a good impression on not only his friends but the administration. He is a very social kid and brings excitement to everything that he does. On top of his hard work and effort, he makes time for his friends and family. Candor does not want to go to college, but he wants to go into some form of trade union either electrical or operators. Candor’s reason on why he wanting to go into the trades is because his father is in the electrical trade and he sees that he gets to travel to different states and make good money.   When Candor was asked how his senior year has played out so far he had a lot of good things to say about Lakeview.

Candor says, “It has gone a lot better than I have ever expected. I have had a lot more freedom and easier classes with being a Senior. I have met a lot of new people and have done more than I expected this year. I also have gotten a lot of better grades than any other year.”

Even though Candor is more excited about getting out of here, he has truly loved all of his time here and is excited to see what the future holds for him. Candor has had many experiences throughout high school and one that he remembers clearly to this day is in the weight room with his friends.

Candor states, “It was Junior year, Owen and I were playing with a football in the weight room and I had bounced the football and it went straight for the school window and broke it. I grabbed my backpack and just left. The next day I reported myself, and Mr. Detoro said that everything was okay.

Another one of his favorite memories was when he broke Hubbard student Anthony Weser’s leg sophomore year.

Candor says, “It was the Junior Varsity soccer game and we were playing Hubbard and their keeper was Weser. We both came out to the 40-yard line and I kicked and hit his leg so hard all you could hear was boom! and just like that his leg was broken.”

One thing that Candor is very passionate about is Ski Club. He has been skiing since his Freshman year and has loved it ever since! He has made many new friends and goes up there any chance he can outside of these school trips. However Junior year was by far the most eventful one because he broke his wrist!

Candor elaborates, “I was going down the slope and at the end of it my board caught an edge and I went flying 5 feet into the air and landed on my wrist; however, I proceeded to ride on it for a little while more before I went and got food and got it checked out.

The wrist took a little while to heal but did not stop him. His love for Ski Club has made him into the determined person he is today. With that, he has a lot of good advice for his younger students.

Candor offers, “My advice to younger students and incoming freshmen is to always have respect for your peers and teachers. Get in any extracurricular that you can. Make sure to make all the memories that you can and enjoy them. But also make sure to do your work and study as much as you can because your grades also matter. Lastly, make good friends and make sure that you keep them around. It goes by in a blink of an eye, so do the best you can and make as many memories as possible before you have too many responsibilities. Even just being a Freshman and making the decisions you do then will impact what you do for the next 4 years.”

Candor adds “Also spend as much time as you can with your family too, they matter a lot. Another one of your best memories is when you will be talking with mom in the kitchen.”

Candor is a one-of-a-kind student. You do not find many people as passionate as him about his life and the memories he has experienced. Candor keeps his work life and social life in a good balance. He makes sure that he spends enough time with his friends and family, but also working and doing his part.

When asked Candor what he will miss most about high school he had a lot to say.

The number one most thing I will miss most about being here is seeing my friends daily. I enjoy seeing my friends every single day and being able to talk with them in class and will miss being able to talk to my favorite teachers. I am going to miss my open lunch privileges and being able to basically just chill out this Senior year. I definitely will also miss all the big vacations we get to have and the amount of days off we get. I am going to miss the fewer responsibilities that I have to worry about. Another thing I will miss is all the dances, football games, and basketball games. I feel like going to those things as a Senior is one of the best times of my life and it will definitely feel different if I go to a game once I graduate.

Lastly, when talking with Candor I asked him who has had the most impact on his life during these 4 years in choosing his future.

Candor replied, “It is definitely my mother and my father. Throughout everything in life they have made me into the person that I am today. I really have no idea where I would be without them. They have always pushed me to do my best in school and actually do my work. They were my motivation even when classes were hard and I did not want to do anything. I truly do not think that I would have made it this far in school without them. They continuously have been there for me for everything that I have ever needed. They have been the people by my side no matter what, and I am so forever grateful to have the parents that I do.

With Senior year coming to an end, Candor is making as many memories as he can and soaking up his time here at Lakeview. Although he is excited to leave he is also sad to leave his friends behind and seeing everyone on a daily basis. He is getting ready to say some of his heartfelt goodbyes to his dearest friends. Candor has made a lot of precious memories throughout his time being a student and his favorite ones were spent with his friends.

The Lakeview Schools will definitely miss Candor being here in the building. As Bulldogs, we wish the best of luck to him and his future adventures!