The Bulldog Bulletin

2023 Top Dog: Sydney Poptic

Daylen Chapman, Reporter

Senior Sydney Poptic is about to take on the next big chapter of her life and she couldn’t be more excited. Poptic has attended Lakeview since the second grade and has made many memories and friendships that will last her a lifetime. As Poptic’s high school career comes to an end she plans on attending college at Kent State University to study criminal psychology.

Poptic has decided to live up in Kent because it’s the perfect distance from home, but also it’s close enough to where she can come home whenever she wants too.

In Poptic’s four years of high school, she was in track for 3 years and is planning on running her senior year as well. She also participated in volleyball for her freshman and sophomore year. To try something new before graduating, Poptic decided to join cheer her senior year of high school and has enjoyed every minute.

Lakeview High School has prepared Poptic for her college years in many ways.

Poptic says, Lakeview has prepared me by the education they give us. We have some of the best teachers and get offered really good classes. We even get a sneak peek at what college is like because Lakeview offers us College courses!” 

As we know, high school can be very challenging with school work, and life outside of school, but Poptic tells us how she stayed motivated and eager to push to do her best.

Poptic claims, ” I wanted to be the best so I worked hard for myself and for my teammates so I didn’t let them down.”

We all have that one favorite class that you will always remember, well Poptic’s was her English 3 class because she said it was so much fun and she really enjoyed doing the documentary the last nine weeks.

However Poptic’s hardest class was anatomy. She says, “There is a lot of information and I cannot remember any of it. So if you aren’t good with retaining a ton of information and you forget things easily I  do not recommend taking anatomy.”

Poptic wishes she could redo her sophomore year of high school because of covid-19. It ruined a lot of things, especially school. Poptic says, “I was upset that I couldn’t see all my friends in school at once because we were all on different days. Another thing is we didn’t have homecoming sophomore year and I was looking forward to it because freshman year was so much fun.”

Poptic has met some of her best friends throughout high school that have been there for here through some of her hardest times. Even though she is excited to go to college and start her life she is sad to leave behind all her friends.

Poptic says, “I know me and my friends will keep in touch, however it just won’t be the same. We will all be starting our futures and meeting new people, but I will never forget about the friends I made in high school.”

Two of Poptic’s best friends are Senior Daylen Chapman and senior Caitlin Mark. Poptic says that these two girls have made her senior year one she will always remember.

Poptic says, ” I am so thankful for Daylen and Caitlin who have been by my side this whole year; even when things got hard they were there for me. We share so many good memories and some scary ones as well. Most of the scary ones are when one of us is driving because it’s always an adventure – you never know what to expect.”

Looking back over the last few years you learn so much and go through many challenges. So as a senior looking back to freshman year Poptic would tell her freshman self, that I do end up figuring everything out and to stop feeling so much pressure. I would say that you don’t need to try so hard and to just keep being yourself.” 

If Poptic could give advice to younger students she would tell them, “that even though it might not seem like it now everything gets figured out and works out in the end.” She would also say, “Time flies by so enjoy all the moments you have with your friends.”

Good luck to 2023 senior Sydney Poptic as she is coming to the end of her her high school career!

Donate to The Bulldog Bulletin
$750
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

The Bulldog Bulletin is the student newspaper of Lakeview High School in Cortland, OH. We publish without financial support from the school system, so your donations keep our online articles active by covering our annual website hosting costs.

• 2024 Top Dog: Zoe Baker

Senior Spotlight

2024 Top Dog: Zoe Baker

• 2024 Top Dog: Dylan Clements

Senior Spotlight

2024 Top Dog: Dylan Clements

• 2024 Brayden Smith: Top Dog

Senior Spotlight

2024 Brayden Smith: Top Dog

• 2024 Top Dog: Clover Wagner

Senior Spotlight

2024 Top Dog: Clover Wagner

• 2024 Top Dog: Elisa Kotsatos

Senior Spotlight

2024 Top Dog: Elisa Kotsatos

• 2024 Top Dog: Eric Lucik

Senior Spotlight

2024 Top Dog: Eric Lucik

• 2024 Top Dog: Kyle Somich

Senior Spotlight

2024 Top Dog: Kyle Somich

• 2024 Top Dog: Izzy Haines

Senior Spotlight

2024 Top Dog: Izzy Haines

• 2024 Top Dog: Jack Peterson

Senior Spotlight

2024 Top Dog: Jack Peterson

• 2024 Top Dog: Sam Balest

Senior Spotlight

2024 Top Dog: Sam Balest

Donate to The Bulldog Bulletin
$750
$750
Contributed
Our Goal

Activate Search
2023 Top Dog: Sydney Poptic