2023 Top Dog: Josh Reighard

Kylie Schwartz, Reporter

Senior Josh Reighard has made an impact in the community. He has attended Lakeview since kindergarten, truly embracing the Bulldog spirit. Reighard kept busy in his time at the school, staying involved in various extracurricular activities. 

Reighard’s biggest commitment was music, where he played a major role in the Marching Band, Symphonic Band, and Jazz band. Additionally, he is the lead drummer for Speed Limit, a band made up of a few of his close friends. The band is very successful and has produced their own original music, as well as played many shows. Their next show will be at Traci Timko’s Shamrockin’ Shindig at Robins Theater on Friday, March 17th from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. Playing the drums has impacted Reighard’s life and shaped him into who he is today.

Reighard says, “Learning to play the drums has definitely helped me become great at playing them. I’ll likely play the drums for the rest of my life in some way or another.”

His involvement in Lakeview’s band has allowed Reighard to make memories that will stay with him long after he leaves high school. In particular, band camp is extremely memorable. The entire marching band attends camp on a college campus for a week every summer to learn their entire set for the football season. At this camp, the members spend every moment in close proximity to each other, forming strong bonds. 

Reighard reveals, “I’m gonna miss all my drum line buddies the most after graduation. Working hard on a scorching field for five days straight really brings a group of people together.”

Once Reighard’s senior season of marching band began, he started to step up his game. He quickly became the start of the pep rallies and sideline marching throughout the football season. 

Reighard explains, “I will never forget when I played the drums upside down, with my friends holding the set for me,  at my very last pep rally.”

Most people remember their high school experience by looking back on Friday nights, and Reighard will not be an exception. 

Reighard explains, “I’ll miss going to football games and band nights and playing under the lights. There’s nothing really like it.

Additionally, Reighard has gotten out of his comfort zone and become involved in other activities, such as Drama Club and Assemble for Change. He also works at the Chick-fil-a in Niles.

When asked what advice he would give younger students, Reighard explained, “Don’t be scared to try something new. Whether it be a new activity or sport, if it interests you go for it, or else you’ll regret it after you graduate.”

With this, Reighard loved his time at Lakeview and within the community. He has excelled in all aspects of high school, winning various awards and excelling in rigorous academic courses. Furthermore, he will end his time on a high note.

Reighard says, “Senior has been by far, my favorite year of high school. I have a lot more freedom and graduation to look forward to and work towards.”

Throughout his high school years, Reighard has encountered many people who have made a great impact on his life. However, there was one in particular that made a big difference: Joshua Murphy. 

Reighard reveals, “ He was always dedicated to making sure I knew how to do everything in College Chemistry. He knew what I wanted to do in my future and he made sure I was going to be somewhat prepared for my classes as a nursing student.”

While Reighard will forever cherish his time at Lakeview, he is excited to graduate and move on to the next chapter of his life. He plans to attend Youngstown State University to earn a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing. He does not know what the future will hold, but hopes to have a successful and rewarding career as an advanced nurse. 

Good Luck to Senior Josh Reighard!