Lady Bulldogs End on a Successful Season

Marina Sanders, Reporter

The 2022-2023 basketball season has sadly ended for the Lady Bulldogs. But they definitely went out with a fight. They ended up with an 11-13 overall record and ended up being fifth in the conference. At the beginning of the season, the players and coaches knew it would be a good year. And they were right. They had a lot of incoming freshmen who played an important role on the court along with the upperclassmen. With the talent they had, they went on and beat Cardinal Mooney in the first round of tournament play with an ending score of 37-28 but were later on defeated in the District Semis by the Liberty Panthers with a final score of 36-54. 

The Lakeview girls varsity team consists of seven freshmen, two sophomores, six juniors, and three seniors. The team has made many accomplishments together and individual achievements this season.

Junior Izzy Haines shares that “This season has definitely been the best we’ve had. We haven’t been to a district semi game since my freshman year and it was so exciting to be a part of. I’m so proud of everyone this year and I can’t wait to see what great things we all do next year.” 

As for individual achievements, Senior Maggie Pavlansky hit her 1,000 career points against Cardinal Mooney in the playoff game. Going into that game, Pavlansky needed 16 points. In the 3rd quarter of that game, she grabbed the offensive rebound and put up the shot. The team, coaches and fans stood up and cheered crazily.

Pavlansky says that,  “It was the best feeling in the world. I’ve been dreaming about those 1,000 points since watching my older sister play basketball in high school and seeing her get 1,000 points really sparked a dream for me. It was truly amazing and I couldn’t have done it without my teammates, coaches, and parents for being my biggest supporters all the way through high school.” 

Another exciting event for the Lady Bulldogs was senior night. It was a special moment for the seniors. They even got the win against Jefferson High School.

Senior Brooke Schneider says that, “I loved all the posters the juniors made and seeing how creative they were. Also seeing the community come together to support us.” All of the seniors had an exceptional season and the team will miss them a lot. 

After the last game against Liberty high school, many tears were shed, especially by the seniors. But they are all starting new chapters of their lives but being a Lady Bulldog will always be a part of them.

Senior Kylie Schwartz says that, “I’ve played basketball since as long as I can remember and basketball will always have a special place in my heart. I will forever cherish the memories I’ve made not only with my teammates at Lakeview, but with my friends.” 

But as for next year, the junior class is very excited to be seniors and have all the senior perks.

Junior Ashley Solis shares that she is, “excited to meet and play with the incoming freshman, to play senior year with my friends and to get to experience a senior night.” 

All in all, the Lakeview Lady Bulldogs had a very successful year. Probably the best season they’ve had in a while, going back to many years prior. There have been some bumps in the road but nothing they couldn’t handle. They plan to put in a lot of hard work over the off season and summer to get that district semi win! And hopefully more wins after that. Good luck to the graduating seniors, we all know you have big things ahead of you and good luck to the Lady Bulldogs of next year’s 2023-2024 season!