Baseball Season Has Arrived!

Sydney Poptic, Reporter

The 2023 Baseball Season has arrived and the players have been working hard during their offseason so they can be the best they can.

Coach Cameron Carson says, “I am really proud of how hard these boys have been working during this off season. We have pushed the boys really hard so they can show us the best of their abilities and get in the best shape they possibly can for this season. We have a lot of great athletes this year and I am feeling very confident in these boys and our team and they have shown me over and over again that they all want to be here and love the sport and their teammates. I am really looking forward to this season and seeing all of the boys hard work pay off.”

The team has been showing up after school 4 times a week to start conditioning for baseball and they all can not wait for the season to start.

Sophomore Jason DeMonica says, “I always look forward to baseball season because I love my team and coaches and love the sport itself. Conditioning gets me prepared for the upcoming season and keeps me in shape, and this year especially has been better than any other year so far and I can not wait to see what this team holds this season.”

Junior Nolan Toth says, “I am excited for this upcoming season because there are so many good athletes on this team and we all work together and work hard and have shown how much potential we have. I am excited to see how this season goes.”

The Seniors are especially excited for this upcoming season since it is their last season as a Lakeview Baseball Player.

Senior Tyler Capan says, “This season is gonna be the best one yet, our team has so many good athletes on it and we have shown how much potential we have as a team every time we practice. Everyone wants to be there and has shown it countless times and I am glad that I am gonna spend my last season with all these boys and this team.”

Senior Andrew McRoberts says, “This last season is gonna be the best one we have had because the whole team has given it their all at practice and you can tell that everyone wants to be there and wants to be the best. Coach Carson has helped all of us improve during the off season and hopefully it will all show when it comes for our first game. I am so excited to be ending my High School baseball career with the team I have and I am excited to see where the season goes.”

Senior Luke Canzontetta says, “I decided that my senior year I was gonna play baseball again, and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I love the team that we have created and I love how all of our love for the sport shows when we are practicing, and eventually when we get on the field. This season is gonna be good and I can’t wait to start the season out strong.”

The baseball team has been putting in a lot of time and hard work to prepare for this upcoming season. Good Luck on your season, boys!