Swinging into Tournament Time

Ella Chadwick, Reporter

Lakeview High Schools Bulldogs softball team has started off to a great start. These girls have a record of 17-3 so far this season. The Lady Bulldogs schedule will continue to have a few tough games for the rest of this season. These girls are hoping for some good weather so they are able to get the rest of their games in before the season ends. These girls have created a great bond so far with the start of the season and can’t wait to play the rest of their games!

This team includes 4 Seniors: Ella Chadwick, Gianna Caruso, Maggie Pavlansky, and Kaydence Coen. These 4 are excited to play a few more games this season together and enjoy every last game together. 

This season has had many intense games so far including a game where Senior Gianna Caruso hit a walk-off home run to win the game. It’s moments like these that the team gets to enjoy the most. The excitement and joy that can be seen coming from the dugout brings everyone together. 

Senior Gianna Caruso said, “This softball season was my favorite season of my High School career. It was so relaxing and my teammates made it so much fun. This season was a great way to end my softball career. Everyone put in the work and it paid off in the end. This year will definitely be one to remember.”  

Caruso really had this season as one to remember. Even though the season isn’t done yet she has created great memories so far. 

Freshman Mackenzie Stowe said “I have enjoyed the season because we all try to just have fun while being successful, as a team we try to give positive feedback which has also given us so much success. This season has shown me how to have fun while achieving lots of my goals along the way. This season I’ve made lots of memories alongside of my teammates that I’m extremely blessed for.”

Stowe has really gotten the best out of her freshman year as one of the starting catchers for this team. 

Sophomore Ava Bacon said, “This softball season has been so enjoyable, most of us grew up playing the sport together so at this point we know how each and every one of us plays the game. This softball season has not only been enjoyable because we are winning most games, but because of the people, and we hope to go far in tournament play.” 

Bacon really enjoys her time on the field and with her teammates and can’t wait to see what the next tournament game holds for this team.

Come out and support your Lady Bulldog Softball team as they take on Columbiana at LaBrae @ 5 today. Good Luck to the Lady Bulldogs the rest of the season!!