Pick of the Litter: Rachel Braunegg

Catie Bugos, Editor

Lakeview High School would like to recognize seniors who excel both inside the classroom as well as outside the classroom. Senior,  Rachel Braunegg is one of the select few who is deeply involved in the school, achieves excellent grades, and shines on the track and soccer field. She is senior captain of the girls varsity soccer team, winning countless awards with each season. She helped her team work together and bring home the district title to Lakeview. In track, she has been a regional qualifier her freshmen and sophomore year. On the soccer field, she has been acknowledged as AAC player of the year and all district player in her sophomore and junior year, First Team All State Division 2 and reached 100 goals scored  in her junior year. Braunegg plans on possibly continuing her soccer career at John Carroll University. Not only does she exceed in her sports activities, but also academically. She maintains a high GPA while juggling numerous extra curricular activities including student council, ski club, and Sr. Beta club all four years. She has participated in Youth Led Prevention her junior and senior year and  Bulldog Buddies her sophomore year. She was also in Spanish Club for three years and was inducted into the National Honor Society for her junior and senior year. Braunegg loves playing sports with her friends and cheering on the football team in the student section. She also loves playing club soccer, yoga, skiing and running. She says, “I hope I graduate with honors and make the most of my senior year.” She plans on furthering her education at either John Carroll University, Duquesne University, or Miami University majoring in either English, psychology, or speech therapy.