Midterms. “Easy A” or “Wreck Your Day”

Alec Bartholomew, Reporter

Midterms. The first of the two massive tests required for each of your classes throughout the year. These are the tests that have the power to make or break a student’s grades for the year.

Many Lakeview would very much agree that Midterms, along with finals, are some of the most strenuous mental activities that you will take part in throughout the year. Junior Michael Augustine stated, “Midterms are extremely time consuming and stressful. I feel as if this year’s exams will be especially harder than last year’s due to the increase in knowledge along with the harder classes.” Midterms are not the types of tests that require very little effort to pass, but instead, take hard work and determination if you wish to receive the grade that you want. For many students this is a stressful thought.

Although it is appears to be a rather frightening test, it seems as if the students here have a positive outlook going into these tests. Junior Jac Nichols says that “despite the stress of preparing for these tests, I feel that as long as I am studying what I’m supposed to, I will get a good grade.” The right studying habits serve as great ways to solidify your knowledge before the test. If you are taking the time that you truly need to study for something, then you will find that your test day will be a lot easier than you thought it would be.

A few LHS students also mentioned some of the things that they do in order to wind down and relax to reduce the stress of the exams. For example, Sophomore Ethan Estlack stated that he enjoys to “workout and lift” while Junior Marcus Cole stated that he enjoys “watching Netflix while laying in bed.” No matter what it is you like to do, there is always a way to escape the pressure, even if it is just for a small amount of time.

So, just when you think that your life is over and you are never going to be able to raise your grades again, just remember that the right studying habits along with a positive attitude just could be enough to get you that grade you want to see when you hop online to check your scores.