2019 Top Dog: Athena Anastasiadis

Ashley Bowker, Reporter

Senior Athena Anastasiadis was born on May 30, 2000, and has attended the Lakeview Local School District her entire life. She loves staying active in school and participating in things such as clubs, sports, school dances, and more. She is a member of the National Honors Society and is a person who works hard in achieving her goals academically and athletically.

Anastasiadis has participated in cross country and track in the past, but got introduced to tennis and has played that ever since. Tennis has become her favorite sport to participate in.

In her free time, Anastasiadis likes to relax at home, spend time with friends, play tennis, go swimming or just hang out. “I don’t have many hobbies, but I do also like going to the gym.”

Anastasiadis draws inspiration from a person she sees every day. “The person I look up to most is my mom because she puts everyone above herself  even when you can tell she might have had a rough day. She is definitely a role model for me!”

Some people have a favorite quote or motivational speech they’ve heard in their lifetime that has just stuck with them. For Anastasiadis, the quote, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.” -Henry Ford, is her favorite quote to go by daily.

Her style in music ranges from rap, which she usually listens to, but she also likes classic rock and even some country. She also likes to watch movies that are comedies and the occasional romance, but every now and then she likes the thrillers too.

“One thing Senior year has taught me was to focus more on myself instead of others and what others think because 9 times out of 10, it won’t matter in the end.”

After high school, Anastasiadis plans on intending Kent State to major in Nursing. “I love staying active in school and I will definitely miss some aspects of this school district.”